With excellent community resources and stunning surrounding landscape, Bellingham and Fairhaven are the outdoors lover’s dream. Or, if you’re someone simply looking for ways to shake up your exercise routine outside of the gym, there are plenty of local health and wellness events to take advantage of:
Voted Best Yoga by consumers 10 years in a row, Yoga Northwest offers a variety of classes, workshops, schedules, and priced packages to choose from.
Address: 1440 10th Street, Suite 101A Bellingham, WA 98225
Community Boating Center
No better way to see Bellingham Bay than out on the open water! Community Boating Center offers small-watercraft education and safe recreation through youth programs, adult lessons, and day rentals.
Address: 555 Harris Avenue
Bellingham, WA 98225
Bellingham Bay Marathon
Properly heralded the most beautiful marathon in the Pacific Northwest, the Bellingham Bay Marathon features stunning views of Bellingham Bay, San Juan islands, and North Cascade mountains. Events include the full marathon, half marathon, 10K, 5K, and a marathon relay. Runner and walkers welcome!
Date: Sunday, September 24, 2017
Guided Walk Of The 100 Acre Wood
Join Recreation Northwest for a tour of the Chuckanut Community Forest/100 Acre Wood and get to know your way around this trail network. Donations are appreciated to help support Recreation Northwest’s stewardship work in Fairhaven Park.
Date: Sunday, August 27, 2017
Time: 11:00am – 12:30pm
Location: Fairhaven Park – Meet at the trailhead near the Upper Pavilion in Fairhaven Park.
16th Annual Bellingham Traverse
A thrilling relay race for solo, tandem and teams! Run, bike and paddle through Bellingham’s and Fairhaven’s scenic parks, winding trails, and open waterways in this multi-sport race that celebrates the journey of our Pacific Northwest wild Salmon. Athletes of all levels are encouraged to participate. The course includes:
- Greenways Run (5.5 mi from downtown and passing through Fairhavenon the way to nearby Lake Padden);
- Mountain Bike (6.0 mi on the challenging trails above Lake Padden);
- Road Bike (18 mi out to around Lake Samish, and finishing in Fairhaven at 6th & Harris);
- Trail Run (3.4 mi on the Greenways trails of Fairhaven and the Chuckanut Community Forest, ending at nearby Marine Park);
- Paddle (3.6 mi. from Marine Park, passing Boulevard Park, and ending at Cornwall Beach);
- Team Trek (0.65 mi back to the start at Boundary Bay Brewery & Bistro/Depot Market)
Date: Saturday, September 16, 2017
Time: 12:00pm – 5:00pm
Location: Starts & ends at Depot Market Square