Fairhaven Steampunk Festival & The Fantastical Mr. Flip’s Carnival of Wonders & Curiosities
The festival will be delivering the "strange and wondrous" through a menagerie of musicians, authors, local entertainment, vendors, costume contests, presentations, games and more. Watch for...
- music & entertainment on the main stage of the Village Green, including Rogue's End, One Man Folk Punk Cabaret Rioteer and MC Extraorinaire Strangely Doesburg, The Penny Stinkers, The Sound and Fury Morris Dancers, and Trevor the Sword Guy who will fight all challengers
- author events at Village Books:
12:30pm - Spark Museum Tesla Coil Demo: Spark Museum is bringing their Tesla coil for a demonstration as part of the festival so you can observe the amazing dance of high voltage electricity using 19th century technology. And in the Village Books Readings Gallery,have your curiosity sparked by a lightning generator!
1 pm - Jeffrey Cook - Dawn of Steam Trilogy: Dawn of Steam is a trilogy of alternate-history, emergent Steampunk epistolary novels: First Light, Gods of the Sun, and Rising Suns. The series chronicles the adventures of Gregory Conan Watts and the crew of the airship Dame Fortuna from the years 1815 through 1819. Author Jeffrey Cook lives in Maple Valley, Washington.
2pm, Jesikah Sundin - Transitions: Novella Collection: Jesikah Sundin's Transitions, Book 2.5 in the Biodome Chronicles takes readers inside New Eden Township, where hope begins to flicker as a new future rises from the ashes of deception. Yet for Ember, Skylar, Rain, Mack, and Lynden, the many transitions to Project Phase Two expose dark secrets that demand sacrifices. Sacrifices, they discover, that may still destroy the very community they vowed to protect and serve. Jesikah Sundin is a sci-fi/fantasy writer from Monroe, Washington.
3pm, Paulina Ulrich - Flightless Bird Series: After receiving her BA in English with an emphasis in Creative Writing from WWU, Paulina Ulrich now writes full time. She is the author of the Flightless Bird series, the award nominated Fighting Fate series and she has been published in the literary magazine, Yellow Chair Review with a nonfiction short story.
- the Find Flip raffle (no fee to participate)
- the annual costume contest with prizes available for kids, teens, men, women, and the whole family--bring out your astounding examples of creativity!
- an art contest & exhibition with multiple categories. See Bellingham Steampunk for details.
- vendors galore of Steampunk garb, art, jewelry, books and other wares
For the most up-to-date information on the festival, including the entertainment line-up, visit the Bellingham Steampunk Festival site.
Historic Fairhaven Association is the lead sponsor of the event! If you're interested in getting involved, email Cathy Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org, or get in touch with Bobbie, of the Steampunk Society, at BSPS98225@gmail.com, or Bellingham Steampunk Society