Fairhaven Fourth Friday Art Walk
Tonight, Historic Fairhaven launches a new monthly art walk!
With the sponsorship of the Historic Fairhaven Association, a group of local artists have come together to create the Fourth Friday Art Walk. With the exception of December, each month a new group of artists will be featured; each art walk will celebrate the unique character of Fairhaven, with local art, appetizers, drinks and, in some cases, live entertainment.
Of course, while you're in Fairhaven, consider local experiences before or after the art walk, such as visits to Fairhaven's many parks, trails, shops, and fantastic cafes or restaurants for a snack, beverage, or meal.
With its diverse offerings, intimate geography, and unequaled walkability, Fairhaven is perfectly situated to bring artists and art lovers together, and engage both groups.
Businesses supporting this new venture, as well as tonight's featured locations/artists are:
- Artwood Gallery - Nancy Grigsby - Artist and instructor, Nancy has shown locally and nationally. She works in mixed media, acrylic and watercolor. Come and meet Nancy.
- A Lot of Flowers - Karen Luke Fildes - A Tacoma artist, Karen has spent the past two decades dedicating her love, respect and awe for the natural splendor of the Northwest using oil and brush. karenlukefildes.com
- Mount Bakery Cafe - Edward Praczukowski - Now in his 80's, Ed’s fabulous use of color has the ability to convey his vision of energy flowing through the constituent parts of the cosmos and natural world. Ed taught painting and drawing at University of Washington.
- Mambo Italiano - Ben Mann - Ben has made a vibrant and indelible mark on the landscape of his native town of Bellingham. ben-mann.com
- Scandi Butik - Haley Didier & Sarah Stamps - Join Scandi Butik for an artist’s demo, treats and refreshments. haleydidierart.com, sarahstampspaintings.com
- Tony's Coffee/Harris Avenue Cafe - Andrew Friedlander - A painter and photographer, Andy takes his inspiration from the river, trees, animals and people of the Samish River and the Skagit basin.
- Good Earth Pottery - Larry Richmond and Peggy Kondo - ‘Perfect Balance’ shows the beautiful pottery and fiber art of the artists' combined efforts. goodearthpots.com
- Current and Furbish - Scott Ward - ‘Home’ is Scott’s newest collection of oil paintings. Colorful, thoughtful, fun and a little surreal. Meet Scott tonight and watch him paint. scottwardart.com
- Whatcom Art Market - Arlene Mortimer - WAM is a gallery and gift store of 47 local artists; Arlene will present a demo from 6-8 pm.
- Stones Throw Brewery - Brad Andrews - Brad pursues adventure photography showcasing what the Pacific Northwest has to offer. Stones Throw will also have live music with the Irish Band Gallowglass from 7-9:30pm
- Blessings Salon Spa - Trish Harding - Trish grew up on Lummi Island and was this year’s Skagit Valley Tulip Festival Artist. Come and meet Trish. studio-ufo.net
- Morgan Block Studios - Ben Mann, Nicole Lang. Marijo Martini - Visit the open studios of these fine crafters in paint, leather and silver respectively.
- lovitt - Jaqueline Mildner - Bellingham artist Jax is a painter, wanderer, ocean lover, surfer, forest walker, avid reader, stargazer, cloud interpreter and wild dreamer. jacqueline-mildner.squarespace.com
- Village Books/Paper Dreams - featured artist exhibit in the Readings Gallery
- Fairy Godmother’s - Constance Funk - Connie delights with mosaic collages using vintage china, hand made ceramics, metals and glass. She will give a demo. Refreshments will served.
- Whimsey - Sarah Jo Lightner - The ‘Chrysalis Collection’ is a study of butterflies, lotus flowers and mountain landscapes. The wearable art is a combination of story telling necklaces, earrings and rings.
- Cooper Lanza Gallery - Cooper Lanza - Cooper’s stylized portraits capture stories through expressive oil paintings that leave the viewer with a sense of curiosity. cooperlanzagallery.com
- Renaissance Celebration
- The Garden Room
Traditionally, there have been two annual art walks in Fairhaven--the Solstice Art Walk in June and the Holiday Art Walk the two days after Thanksgiving. Moving forward, these two events will be included in the Fourth Friday Art Walk schedule, though with a greater participation.
For information, or if you would like to participate, please contact Scott Ward at email@example.com or at 206-696-2671.