2020 Historic Fairhaven Festival (on Ski to Sea Sunday)
This years annual HISTORIC FAIRHAVEN FESTIVAL takes place on May 26, 2019 - the same day as the Ski to Sea Relay Race. The race finishes at Marine Park but is celebrated in the heart of Fairhaven with a giant, ALL-DAY family friendly multi-street party!
Like us on facebook - Historic Fairhaven Festivals. Here is the link to this years event - https://www.facebook.com/events/2433033146709607/
Thank you to our presenting sponsor - Keller Williams Western Realty!
It's the biggest and best party of the year for all ages and tastes, with:
- live music on 2 stages
- a historic beer & wine garden (12pm-6:30pm; no cover charge; 21+ with id)
- scores of arts & craft vendors, exhibits from nonprofits, and children's activities
- plenty of food booths with a huge variety of offerings, including old favorites and ethnic foods
- $1 rides from WWU park-n-ride and downtown to Fairhaven
Main Stage (11th Street & McKenzie Avenue - free):
National Anthem at Noon. Followed by VFW Post 1545 and The Bellingham Firefighters Pipes and Drums.
TBA at 12:30,
TBA at 2:30,
TBA at 4:30!
Green Stage at the Village Green (10th Street & Mill Avenue - free): tba
Ski to Sea Race Finish: Throughout the day, spectators and team members may walk down Harris Avenue to the finish area at Marine Park. From around 2pm to 5pm, watch the kayakers cross the bay from Squalicum Harbor then run to the race-end and the ringing of the finish-line bell.
Extra Bus Service: Whatcom Transit Authority (WTA), in cooperation with the Historic Fairhaven Association, arranges it so you don't have to worry about parking at the festival.
- WTA will run extra buses on Route 14 between Western Washington University and the Fairhaven Festival.
- Free parking will be available at WWU's Lot C, located on Bill McDonald Parkway at West College Way. Buses will depart from a sheltered bus stop on the West side of Bill McDonald Parkway. (The bus stop is called Bill McDonald Parkway at WWU Rec Center.) Buses will depart approximately every 15 minutes beginning at 11:30 am. The last departure to Fairhaven will be at 7:15 pm.
- Route 401, "the Red Line" will also offer service every 30 minutes on Ski to Sea Sunday. Route 401 runs between downtown's Bellingham Station and Fairhaven.
- Riders pay one dollar per trip. All valid WTA bus passes will also be accepted.
- For information on reaching other Ski to Sea festivities using regular bus service, call 676-RIDE or visit ridewta.com
JOIN ALL THE FUN TO BE HAD TODAY IN FAIRHAVEN!
This year's presenting sponsor - Keller William Western Realty!
Supporting sponsors KISM radio, Autohaus and SaviBank!
For information on becoming a sponsor or vendor, visit the Historic Fairhaven Association festival page.