Holiday Port Festival, Photos with Santa & Gingerbread House Display
|Time||12:00pm - 5:30pm|
|Location||Bellingham Cruise Terminal, Harris Avenue|
|Download||+ Download Event (.ics)|
The free 3-day event sponsored by the Port of Bellingham--for the 23rd year this year!
Taking place Friday (noon-8pm), Saturday (11am-5:30pm) and Sunday (11am-5:30pm), it's a favorite family-friendly time for all Bellingham residents and visitors alike that features:
- Art activities with Allied Arts teaching artists (Saturday & Sunday 1-5pm)
- Fire truck rides (Saturday & Sunday 11am-4pm)
- Horse-drawn wagon rides (Saturday 11am-2pm, & Sunday 1pm-4pm)
- Free cookies and hot apple cider
- Performances by local choirs, bands, and dancers (full list available from the Port of Bellingham early December).
- Gingerbread house display (info on contest below)
- Visits with Santa and Mrs Claus, with the option to purchase photos from Turner Photographics (Friday 4-8pm, Saturday 1-5pm, Sunday 1-5pm).
- Food drive to benefit the Bellingham Food Bank, so bring non-perishable food items to help fight hunger.
Also, on Saturday, the Bellingham Yacht Club's Lighted Boat Parade begins at Squalicum Harbor around 6pm, and makes its turn-around right in front of the Cruise Terminal. It's a treat for anyone near Fairhaven's waterfront!
Gingerbread House Contest: The gingerbread house contest--now in its 18th year-- is free and open to bakers of all abilities and ages. This year's themed category is "Landmarks," but there are several other categories to choose from. Many adults and children make a tradition out of entering the contest, and prizes are awarded for first place in each of the contest categories See ALL the entered Gingerbread houses Friday through Sunday.
For more info, visit the Port of Bellingham's website, or phone (360) 676-2500.